I made this lovely banana bread recipe that I found at Tasty Kitchen last night and I think it turn out excellent. Maybe have been the BEST banana bread I have ever made. I give it a 9/10. I wish I’d had one more banana. Then it would have been 10. I made a few minor changes from the recipes above.
- 1/2 cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1-1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used honey flavor b/c I had no plain)
- 1 teaspoon or more (I just use a capful)Vanilla
- 1 cup Mashed Ripe Bananas (usually Equals 2 Bananas)*I would use 3 next time
- 1-3/4 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- LOTS of chocolate chips. I used 3/4 of the bag.
- A sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Beat together until blended the butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and mashed ripe bananas.Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.Pour batter into 1 big greased loaf pan and any extra batter into muffin pans (I made only one HUGE muffin that I ate immediately after). Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of the batter (This is may favorite part of the bread. You NEED to do this) Bake for 60 mins (you will want to keep an eye on it, as ovens vary).
Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removal.
My oven door is so dirty. Its embarassing.
This morning is my long run day according to my half marathon program. 21km. This will be my longest run ever! I hope I can make it. 🙂 Its overcast and rainy outside and I’m pretty happy about that. I like it when its cooler. I hate being too hot. It makes me feel slow.
What is your favorite weather to run in?