On Sunday we had Easter dinner at my parents’ house. My mom asked me to make a salad of some sort. Of course, being someone who loves to test out new things on large groups of people, I headed straight over to Tasty Kitchen to find something I’ve neer made before. What I found was a nifty little 7 Layer Salad. I altered the ingredients slightly so click the link above to find the original.
- One container of shredded Romaine
- ½ cups Celery, Thinly Sliced
- ½ cups Radishes, Thinly Sliced
- 4 whole Green Onions, Thinly Sliced (White And Light Green Parts)
- 1 cup Frozen Baby Peas, Thawed And Drained
- 3 whole Hard Boiled Eggs, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cups Shredded Cheddar (old)
- 5 strips Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 whole Roma Tomato, Diced
In a 9×9 glass dish (2-quart), layer the lettuce, celery, radish, green onions, peas, and eggs in the order given.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the mayo, yogurt, sugar, and vinegar.
Carefully dollop the dressing over the top and spread over the egg layer (a small offset spatula works great here!). Sprinkle with the cheese, then the bacon, then the tomato.
Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
Rating – Me: 7. Husband: 3 (Husband hates tomatoes and peas with a passion). This was a decent and tasty salad. I would make it again.